Thursday, October 11, 2007

Another Milestone


Reverend Dr. Qiyamah A. Rahman holding her dissertation and relieved to put it in the mail!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgS9yFKc3wcTDtQUK_Zowei58TWPiPsQgaP5_azJhYTzZRqK3BOHpugzksF3tugnJ7cu31uc1o3UGbJ5vO5PoxUiLjfYt7mjsxYtCMTPI9f96SXhHdreAicyJnZk5gYgY1pHeSY2uQIoNgI/s1600-h/DSCN0057.JPG">


Joe Cherry, Meadville Lombard Theological School seminarian and Rev. Doctor Qiyamah A. Rahman at Kinko's around 1AM mailing off the edited corrections of my dissertation! Joe is my hero!

Imagine this scenario, you defende your dissertation November 2006 and fully expect to graduate May 2007. You inform your Committee Chair that you will be taking a full course load so please send your dissertation back for any edits promptly. So it is returned June, 2007. As a result, I did not attend my graduation exercise in May, 2007, even though I was assured by administration that arrangements had been made and that my name was on the graduation roster. My sense of paranoia would not let me subject myself to the expensive trip and time only to face possible humiliation. Why am I telling you all of this? Because the pictures accompanying this post were taken the night that I put my edited dissertation in the mail. Neither time, nor space would allow me to articulate the emotional roller coaster I have endured as a result of engaging a dysfunctionl institution. I have ben assured that my dissertation will be backdated to May, 2007. At some point you just want to get on with your life. That is what these pictures represent. Thank you Joe Cherry for your superb editing skills that allowed me to put my dissertation in the mail around 1AM at the twenty-four hour Kinko's.

Stay posted to hear when they actually review the edited version and finalize my credentials. Meanwhile, I am sending out my love, prayer and reflections to anyone working on their dissertation. You will hear more about this after I have degree in hand. Meanwhile, Blessed be!
warmest regards, Reverend Doctor Qiyamah A. Rahman

No comments: