Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rating Your Life's Satisfaction: Doing a Reality Check on Your Life



Question: On a scale of 1 to 10 what level are you living life at?

This provocative question was recently posed at a retreat I attended titled, Take Back Your Life. It is a pardoxical question because like pandora's box it potentially could unleash our real but repressed dreams and frustations. An honest response could on the other hand reveal places to pay attention to for the purpose of healing and liberation. So while one individual might react with frustration and dismay another might feel fortunate to be able to do a reality check with their life.

Why is it so hard to hold onto our lives and dreams? Why is it so hard to be ourselves and go for it? Perhaps it is the many distractions that keep us separated from our intended goals so that we wind up "off track". This morning I have spent the greater part of my free time working on my research before preparing to head off to work. It often feels like my life is not my own to schedule and claim. Even now I must cut this post short and head to work. Fortunately I like my work. When I have more time I will tell you more about what I do. But until then I am seriously thinking about this question and I invite you to do the same:

Question: On a scale of 1 to 10 what level are you living life at?

Blessings! Rev. Qiyamah

No comments: