Monday, June 1, 2009

Changes


vision from the past! My locs are no more. picture taken in Charlotte, NC during a dinner at which My sister Betty came to visit me around 2006.

Changes are afoot in my life beginning with my hair. My locs are no more. Sista Niela, a Yoruba Priestess faciitated an intense ceremony to cut my locs off. The ceremony included invoking the presence of the sacred and divine, prayers and thanks before and after my locs were cut. This was followed by dancing and music. Sista Niela ushered me through this important ceremony that allowed me a greater appreciation of the need for increased
prayer and devotion during this period of change in my life.

Question: What in your life do you need to let go to move to the next level in your life? Who do you need to invite into your life to help facilitate that change?

Blessings! Rev. Qiyamah




Office of Sankofa - Chicago, IL 2007


May 30, 2009 short fro - Getting ready for changes in my life! l-r Qiyamah and Kaleema (daughter) in Austin, TX


2006 Qiyamah with an afro at former home in Charlotte, NC


Sista Naila doing her magic!



Lookin' good! Ready, set, going for my new look and new life!

No comments: