Sunday, January 17, 2010

Georgia on My Mind!

I had an incredible visit to Georgia this year. I arrived on Dec. 17 and left Jan. 4.
While I did not get an opportunity to see any friends I spent time with my sisters. All three of my children were present. Libra, my oldest daughter accepted a proposal from her partner in the presence of her family and his.

Kaleema, Brandon (my grandson who is now 16 and over six feet) and I drove to Hawkinsville where the family has land. We spent time there and I hope to share the pictures at a later date. It was a memorable time and a reminder of how important family is.

When is the last time you told your loved ones how much they mean to you?
Where in your life do you need to reprioritize so that you spend time with your loved ones and do not let jobs and careers etc. overwhelm you?

Blessings! Rev. Qiyamah



New Years Eve - My daughter, Kaleema and I spent New Year's Eve at a Yoga Retreat.


Christmas Day!Dinner at Walter's and Libra's house. Mama is stuffed!


Michelle Rahman, my daughter in law. I could not ask for a better daughter in law!


L-R Sassy Ladies Betty Holmes (my oldest sister), Rev. Q. and Kaleema, my youngest daughter


Virginia, the aunt of my soon son-in-law reading from her book of poems.


Walter proposing to Libra, my oldest daughter on Christmas Day! She said yes!


L-R James Finley (Libra's father), Kaleema and one of Walter's aunts.


L-R Walter, Libra and Ricco Richardson, my brother-in-law. Ricco usually photographs family events. He and my sister Gwen also work very diligently on the family tree and conduct research on the family history.


L-R The return of the sassy ladies! Betty Holmes and Kaleema

No comments: