Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting Back to the Land!

It is an empowering and transformative experience to be able to reclaim ones roots. While that can take many different forms, my siblings and I are in the enviable position to return to our ancestral roots thanks to my mothers visionary leadership, foresight and fortitude. She managed to hang on to thirty one acres, most inherited from her mother. The fact that she is the only sibling from a very large rural family that was able to retain the land that was distributed to them speaks volumns about the many ways that southern blacks have fallen prey to avarice land speculators.

Over the course of the year I will be sharing with my blogging readers the journey that my siblings and I will undertake as we begin the historic process of moving onto the land.

I am giving thanks to the the ancestors, my mother and Spirit for this wonderful opportunity!

Q. What are you thankful for on this day?


Blessings! Rev. Qiyamah

No comments: